Wojciech Szczesny has confirmed he could complete a move away from Arsenal this summer


Wojciech Szczesny has confirmed he could complete a move away from the club this summer.

Szczesny is currently on loan at Serie A side Roma and has been for the last 18 months.

The Poland international has earned rave reviews during his time in Italy, especially this season.

He still watches Arsenal’s games but doesn’t know if he will return to the Emirates. “London is still my home,” he told Polish outlet Przeglad Sportowy.

“I play for Roma, but I don’t stop supporting Arsenal. “I watch their matches again, sometimes with joy. I do not know how my future will look like.

“The last year and a half in Italy were not the worst, but to me at least another four months at Roma, so I focus on the good performances. I just think about playing well and not where I will play.

“The future will be in my hands. I do not wonder what will happen in June, just in Sunday's meeting in Milan.” Szczesny has been linked with a number of clubs across Europe, including Juventus, Napoli and Borussia Dortmund.

But he is ignoring what is written in the press, adding: “This is press speculation. I know one thing: the more I play, the more options will appear.

“I try to only do what belongs to me, and in the summer I will consider all the proposals. “At the moment, I have at least another four months Roma, I am an athlete and I want to stay in shape. After it I can decide about the future.”

The 26-year-old originally left Arsenal because he was behind No.1 Petr Cech and he doesn’t want to be in the same situation again. 

“The summer will allow me to choose a club where I will be number one,” he said. “Loan to Roma was a major reason: I knew I was playing, which Arsenal was not so obvious.

It all worked out good. “I will do everything to play next season. Where? Time will tell.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recently Added Articles